C180 radio removale

The title says it all. Need to remove the radio cassette on this 2001 C180 to fit a CD player. I need to know how to remove the trim around the radio
to give my access to remove the radio. Apart from buying a Haynes manual, and ideas how?
Please post here or if you prefer email me, jcrymer AT hotmail DOT com
Cheers.
The new system requires special tool to 'unlock' and remove the unit. The tool looks like a key, as thin as credit card. Lots of vendors on eBay selling this. You can also find it from many other online stores.
I have not done one yet but it seems there is no need to remove the surrounding trim, unless you need to do some rewiring.
John Rymer wrote:

I have the keys, got them with the new CD player but there is no space around the old radio to insert them. The Radio is not standard size and I think you remove the trim then unscrew the radio and tray below it.

Not around the radio. Look at both lower corners. There is very thin slot at each corner, about 1mm x 1cm. The keys from the CD player is probably for the new unit, not for MB.
John Rymer wrote:

There are slots on the new radio, one on the bottom right and one behind the removable left hand side of the facia. None on the existing radio.
The head unit already fitted is not standard DIN size, same as this one...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item 0059423555&sspagenameME:L:RTQ:UK:1.

I did not know MB changes the design once again (and so quickly. they usually stay in the same concept longer than most other makers). Sorry. I can't help further. The latest MB I have touched is W202 which has the thin slots I mentioned.
John Rymer wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item 0059423555&sspagenameME:L:RTQ:UK:1.
No problem, thanks anyway.
The one I'm removing is the radio / cassette version of this.. http://www.audio-10.com/becker.htm
And the one I'm fitting is this.. http://www.audio-10.com/alpine.htm
The one I'm removing seems to be secured by screws at the side so I would have to remove the would trim surround to get access to the screws, hence my problem, how do I remove the trim properly... anyone ?

"John Rymer" <jcrymer AT Hotmail.com> wrote in message

Like this:- http://www.kotikone.fi/eerola/auto/diy/203dash/indext.html
BTW, Haynes don't publish a W203 manual :-(