cd changer

Hi there I have a 1996 eclass mercedes it has a Becker BE 2210 radio .( mercedes special) I am considering fitting a cd changer in the trunk. if i buy a alpine CHM-S630 what adapter will i need to connect the cd changer to the 10 pin block in the boot?

Reply to
billy

Alpine-USA once sold the CHM-S601 a 6 CD (M-Bus) Changer but has discontinued it. Used Alpine CHM-S601 changers are offered on ebay.com for $50 to $100; they get mounted, pluged in (and hopefully play). These old players have no MP-3 capability.

Alpine-USA now offers CHA-S634, a modern, 6 CD (AI Net) Changer that includes MP-3 capability and it should work in this car with an Alpine KCA130B AI Net to M-Bus Adapter, a short cable with differing plugs to connect the car?s (old) M-Bus harness to the (new) AI Net Player.

for instance, discounts this changer to $240 and the adapter to $15.

It?s not clear to me whether this changer can be controlled by the radio or not, so that ought to be investigated if you want to add it.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

I have bought a alpine chm-s630 changer on ebay what adapter will i need for this?

T.G. Lambach wrote:

Reply to
billy