Becker Silverstone 0980 10 CD Changer

Anyone know of a place that can repair one of these 1991 era Becker of North America does not. Checked a place in Florida who was helpful but indicated parts could be had only from Germany and this was difficult. Any ideas. Alternative get Mercedes 6 Disc adapter $260 another adapter for Alpine 10CD changer( about 160) then another couple hundred for the Alpine. Not very attractive. Al

Reply to
AL

What are the symptoms of the problem? If it is something like CD getting stuck... most stereo repair shop can fix and repair it.

Reply to
Tiger

Basically there is a constant motor noise ( cd rotor ?? ) and the eject button does not work. Seems to be a common symptom. There is a reinitalize procedure but that has not worked Al

Reply to
AL

This is my 2nd one and has lasted 8 years The first lasted 7. I sent the first to Becker of NA and it was apparently exchanged as the serial numbers changed. That was in 1998. MB went to the 6 disc model soon afterward Could never figure that out as the 10 disc is more convenient. Al

Reply to
AL

Yeah sound common... your CD is stuck and the motor is trying to eject it but can't Just take it to any stereo shop who repairs them. They will replace the rubber pieces that makes it work... rubber deteriorate and can't grab the CD well.

Reply to
Tiger

On other groups they mention a plastic gear that comes loose. They say to shake and listen for a rattle. I have a rattle. The darn things are built like a tank as every German radio I have seen. Al

Reply to
AL

snipped-for-privacy@swstereo.com

Reply to