CD/MP3 possible for ML320?

We just bought a 2001 ML320. It did not come with the CD changer, but from what we can tell, it is wired for one. We'd like to buy a CD changer that
also handles MP3's if possible. Best Buy, Sound Advice, etc. have told us it's pretty much impossible unless we go through the antennae (sp?), but we'd like to hard wire it into the actual radio component so we can use the buttons on the display. Anyone done anything like this, or have any suggestions? Thanks!
--
Jamie
The best things in life are not things.

They almost all have one. It is behind a panel in the right rear compartment, with a knob to release and swing out the six-CD changer. Bill Ditmire Ditmire Motorworks,Inc. 425 White Horse Pike Absecon,NJ 08201 http://www.ditmire.com 609-641-3392
Bill - This one doesn't have one, we looked at several others that had them, but this particular car only had 20,800 miles, so that's why we went with it. It's wired for one, just doesn't have it. Thanks!

from
compartment,
Seems like you could buy one from crutchfield.... see link below.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-HqB5WfBwrFQ/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=3&ge500&IX1MERC99&o=p&a=0&cc &avf=N&search

from
the
Thanks for the link. We're looking for one that handles MP3's as well, but maybe they'll have one in the future. Jamie

that
us

from
the
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/archive/index.php/f-14-p-1
http://www.mbnz.org/publications/tech.asp
You will get vastly more detailed information from a user/owner website.
I bought a JVC 12 CD MP3 changer and I mounted it beneath the front passenger seat.
The neat thing about this is you connect the chnager to your actual radio via your antenna connector (a Y connector)
You just have to dedicate an FM station to receive signal fron your changer. The sound is FM quality and is great...

that
us