Center console removal 1990 300SE

I need to replace a window rocker switch, and would like to know how to remove, or lift up, the center console.
Google searches have found other 300s in a range of years, but not mine
specifically. Some models/years say the wood grain is mounted on four snap posts and you pry it straight up, while others say you remove the ashtray assembly and the little junk well, and then slide the whole thing forward.
Anyone know specifically for a 1990 300SE? Thanks.
You have to remove the ashtray first... then there is two screws holding the ashtray cluster... then remove the bin and the slide the whole center dash forward.
On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 22:27:27 -0500, Tiger wrote:

Let me make sure we're talking about the same thing: You have (1) the ashtray cup for the butts; (2) the sliding tray it sits in; and (3) the stationary housing assembly in which the tray is mounted.
Is the ashtray cluster to which you refer (2) or (3)?
If I have to remove the sliding tray to get to the screws, how do I do that? I don't want to just yank hard on it, and the wires for the cigarette lighter must be considered.
The cluster is 2&3... pull open the ashtray... then take the removable chrome ashtray out... just pull it upward... then with the tray holder in full open position you can see the two screws there.
Do you get to the switches in a '91 300e the same way?
No.. it is not the same way for W124... I haven't done it yet. Chassis manual for the W124 would tell you how to do it exactly.
On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 16:01:00 -0500, Tiger wrote:

Ah, that's it. Instead of looking straight down below the ashtray, I was looking at the back wall of the enclosure. I'll dive into it tomorrow. Thanks.