Clock Spring

My car a 1996 Mercedes C230 was recently involved in a front end smash. When I got the car back from the garage, I noticed that my SRS light was on, I sent the car back for the sensor to be reset but was told that it wasn't the sensor it was that the clock spring has gone. My insurance company has refused to pay for the clock spring to be sorted saying it is a part that can wear out so have said it has nothing to do with the accident.

Does anyone have any documentation/proof that the clock spring breaking could be as a direct result of the accident, something that I can show to my insurance company.

Many thanks for any help or assistance offered.

Chris

Reply to
ChrisDoc

Tell the insurance co... SRS light is on... they have to fix it no matter what! This is safety matter that if you get into an accident again, your airbag won't activate and any injuries you sustained... you will sue their ass until they are broke... so pay up for that little part idiot!

Reply to
Tiger

No solution,just a comment! Don't you just hate insurance companies! They charge outragious amounts ,yet when it comes time to ante up,they always have some lame excuse for this and that! Maybe get in writing from the MB dealer the significance of this part.And better yet,ask the insurer if they even know what SRS is.Tigers last few words pretty much mirror what I would say!

Reply to
CaptainW116