Clock Spring

I saw an article today in the newspaper about a recall on Plymouth Grand Voyagers for a Clock Spring Problem. Just recently I had this replaced because of my airbag light and horn. In addition the dealership said that my BCM was bad and needed replacement and my Fuse Block was bad had to be replaced.

My questions are:

Could a faulty Clock Spring short a component out in the BCM and Fuse Block?

and

Could a minor accident on the front passenger fender cause any of these problems?

Thanks.

ECP

Reply to
ECP