cold starting problem '93 300e 2.8L

The car starts fine when it is warm, but with the recent cold snap in Houston over Christmas it was very hard to start. Like the choke wasn't working if it were a carburated engine. The car ran fine once I finally
got it started. This happened 3 consecutive days so it was not an isolated incident. Any ideas on where to start?

You might just be getting fuel that isn't properly mixed for the temperature. Hard to tell. There also might be a cold start injector that doesn't work 100%?
Marty
Fuel injected engines have a cold start system that adds fuel to the intake manifold for a very short time (5 to 15 sec.) to get the engine running. The system has a temp sensor, a time/temp. relay and an electric valve called the cold start injector. All must work.
Any of these could be bad or unplugged, I'd suspect the time/temp relay.
That's your car's problem.

You chassis has none of that . It is Full EFI and your problem is most likely a bad OVP relay. It is behind the panel, behind the battery.. Tall, aluminum can w/fuse on top.Give it a Tap next time car will not start. The part has been upgraded . If the old relay is a 'Siemens", change it .. The new relay will have the improved circuitry.
Follow AJDalton's suggestion, he knows more about these cars than I do.