Coolant fan Stays on??

Have a 97 C-230, when I start the engine the coolant fan comes on and stays on and the temperature hand will not work .

check your tempature sensor or sending unit sounds shorte
"snoopy" wrote
> Have a 97 C-230, when I start the engine the coolant fan comes > on and stays on and the temperature hand will not work .
hi mate have you checked the coolant temp sender,located on the cylinder head also check the wires are not shorting out.two wires go to the temperature sender,when hot the temp sender comp lets the circuit to the coolant fan.good luc
"snoopy" wrote