Fan stays on

1998 volvo s70, has a viper security / car stater system. About a year ago when the car was turned off the cooling fan would stay on. Prior to this happening, the fan would turn on about 20 - 40 minutes after shut off, run for 5 - 20 min and shut off. I do not remember if the fan turned on prior to the alarm system installation, since I noticed the fan only when it would set off the alarm. The fuses have been removed from the alarm system. This happens mostly when it is humid or raining. The frustration is it stays on til the battery is dead. The battery has been changed twice in the year. The computer shows no electrical problem and the problem cannot be replicated at the shop. The relay switch and the tempature sensor have been changed. The car has 190,000 miles. Any suggestions Please. snipped-for-privacy@schoenfield.com
Reply to
Tim S

"Tim S" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Had a similar problem on my -99 S80. It was the electronic fan control which failed. Its a small metal box close to the fan motor. Had to change the whole fan package.

Reply to
Johan E

Yes, Volvo friends

I had a similar problem on my 2000 V70 old model. It was indeed the electronic fan control which is close to the fan motor.

Changing was easy and the cost where 43.20 EURO ex VAT , they changed it for free, no labor.

If you send me a correct email adress I will scan the original pages from the Volvo manual.

Robert

The Netherlands

VolvoV70