Could a 93 190E Radiator leaking at the neck cause poor flow through heater core

Over the past two years I have forward/reverse flushed my heater core and have seen improvement in my cabin heat. The only problem is that I have to forward/reverse flush my heater core every couple of months.
Do I need a new heater core? Does it need to be professionally flushed?
Recently I noticed the car was losing coolant and found the leak at the plastic radiator neck. Could the leak in the radiator have caused the poor flow through the heater core?
Any ideas or similar experiences?
CP

Rust in the cooling system when you flush?
No, but the coolant is the Orange Color Prestone stuff with no sulfates.
Two big problems! You broke the radiator, but it is cheap plastic at the neck so it will break easily. That is a German design thing - makes lots of repair shop money. And then you are using the wrong kind of coolant - check at the stealership to make sure you have the right color coolant. You kan only use the right kolor koolant in the kar kause otherwise it does not kool right!
mcbrue nonrustedly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river
96 S420