E320 1997 - mystery orange light

You've probably all had this question before - on the speedo of my 97 E320 there is what seems to be a little round orange light, sort of to the right
of the centre hub of the speedo needle, and to the left of the 240km/h line...i have no idea what it could be for, any ideas?
Cheers all :)
maybe a stupid question, but have you thought of looking in the manual

right
Ziggy Switkowski wrote:

I have the same thing on my '96 C36, and it is not documented in the manual. I, too, am curious as to what it is.
I believe you are referring to the ambient light sensor.

I think that's the "It's time to pay Jerkin shrimp" again light...
Marty