E320 ABS/ASR warning lights on

The ABS ASR warning lights in my 1996 E320 went on last week. Before that, things seem work fine. Would it be an electrical or relay defects? The lights goes on even before a put the car on "drive". Is it risky to drive
around with the warning lights on?
GS
Check your overload relay fuse to see if it is fine... the relay with red fuse on the top. I am not sure if your model have it... but I think it should.
ABS and ASR has two different warning, are you sure you didn't accidently touch that ASR off button? Even if the light is on... the system is basically off... and you are driving a regular car. No real danger, unless you get into an accident where you might wished you have your airbags.
E320, 210 chassis ASR/ABS lamp most common fault is the Brake Lamp switch . VERY common.
Your car has NO OVP. ..
What is a Brake Lamp switch and where is it located? Thanks.

It is located right where the brake pedal is... you will see a switch that the brake pedal stops at. It controls the stop light on your car.... along with ABS, ASR.
Thanks for your help. I am sure I didn't accidentally trip the ASR switch. I tried looking for the overload relay in the internet and found none for 1996 E320. Instead, there is something call ABS relay a.k.a Engine relay. Is this the same thing?

AJDalton said it is a very common problem... brake light switch.