Fiesta warning lights

Hi all,

Just spent a minute flicking through the manual to see if I have an engine warning light (having read the "What happened????" thread) and according to the manual I do and it should light up when the ignition is on but with the engine stopped. Thing is though, I've never seen it lit... Exact same issue with the low washer fluid warning, doesn't light up even when the reservoir is empty. Neither is described in the manual as optional though the engine warning light says "depending on country".

The design of the dashboard makes it impossible to see whether or not lights are fitted or not without removing the whole thing.

Can someone else with a Fiesta Zetec (pref 1.25l) built in 2000 tell me if they have said warning lights?

TIA,

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Spikings

I've got a 1.25ZetecS but built in June 1998. It's a Ghia model and I'm pretty sure it does not have an engine management warning light, but with my little Autel computer (GS400) plugged in the the OBDII socket it does tell me whether or not the "light" is on. I guess I could simulate a fault and see if the brings the "light" on?

Tony

Reply to
Tony Brett

Surely they must have a light! If my exhaust becomes blocked too I'd like the chance to pull over rather than have it explode underneath me :)

If it's not too much trouble that'd be handy.

Cheers,

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Spikings

I'll have a go at the weekend. After Saturday's MOT :-)

Tony

Reply to
Tony Brett

OK, fair enough :)

Don't think I'm ignoring you when you post the results however, I'm going to lose Internet access for two weeks (ish) starting tomorrow. I'll make a point of remembering to catch up when I get it back!

Thanks again....

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Spikings

Don't all the warning lights come on briefly when you switch on the ignition? They usually do this to verify that they are working.

Reply to
Stephen Leak

I think they're supposed to and some do, not the engine light though. Please read the original post more carefully as the first "" contained this: