E320 Wheel studs

Just had brake work done on my 1999 E320 wagon and the shop couldn't get the right front wheel off, all the lugs nuts were frozen in place. In fact, in his trying to get the wheel off he snapped off one of the studs, leaving just four now. He seemed to think there's a Service Bulletin out about this problem, but I can't find one via Google. Anyone have this problem or know of a Bulletin? It's scheduled to go into the local MB dealer tomorrow for them to work on, but it would be nice to know if this is a recurring problem or just something caused by the last repairman.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Lee K

most likely the problem is your last tireshop. From personal experience I find that they 'constantly' overtighten the lugs when they use their torque wrench.... I don't even let them near my wheels anymore with their impact torque wrench ...... good luck with the removal

cheers, guenter

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

Agreed.... most shops do this impact thing... is bad and also most place don't even put a dab of grease on the studs too... which will prevent corrosion and seizing from happening.

Reply to
Tiger

Reply to
slowmotion