CD Changer in 1999 E320 Wagon

The 6-CD changer in my 1999 E320 Wagon started to fail and flake out.

So I bought one on ebay, but didn't do enough homework before buying.

The failed unit in the wagon was model: MC3198. The replacement was MC3010. The MC3010 works fine...but is about 1 inch shorter than the MC3198. It is too short for the mounting bracket.

Before I inquire about an exchange or refund, has anyone else solved this problem?

- Is there a mounting bracket for the MC3010 / 1999 E320 WAGON combo?

- Is there any kind of universal mounting "bridge" kits that can fill in the gap?

...other successful solution?

Thanks,

Zendog

Reply to
Zendog

No, the length differential is more like 3/8" or so and you should be able to easily shim it up. As far as I know, the bracket fastening points are the same. I dont see brackets selling solo, as they're usually sold with the changer. But Ebay usually has something and it's just a matter of continuous searching....or post a WTB on the various MB forums.

I have two spare brackets for 3198 but none for 3010. I believe the

3111 bracket should fit 3010 but not sure.
Reply to
avi8tor01

If unit works fine, then find some way to shim it up... longer screw to make ti work like av8 said.

Reply to
Tiger

On the plus side, the 3010 is supposed to be a better unit in terms of disc reading and less skipping :)

Doug

Reply to
-

For the record, the local dealer had a L/R bracket extension in stock.

Part number: Q 6 82 0694 About $20

The whole CD changer swap-out was easy -- took about 20 minutes. Much cheaper than the $800 parts and labor that the dealer service shop quoted.

Now I just have to convince my wife that I should use the $500 savings to buy a new electric guitar.

Zendog

Reply to
Zendog