E350 Gear shifting problem

I just purchased a E350 three weeks ago. The car is smooth with tons of new features. We enjoy it very much. However, for the past couple days; I am experiencing some problem with gear shifting by itself. While I am
driving down the freeway, the gear shifts into empty with no reason. The RPM jumps all the way to 6RPM but the car remains the same speed. The car dealer has it for couple of days and they can't duplicate the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Riz via CarKB.com wrote:

Could it be that you accidentally shift to NEUTRAL while your foot is still in the gas pedal?
Do you have any large objects in the center console near the gear shift lever? If so, they might unexpectedly - accidentally - move the lever to the neutral position.
Thanks for the reply. I did in fact carefully inspect those areas. The part troubles me the most which was when the car automatically switch into neutral gear, the car still in letter D stage. I did find similar issue from http://www.mbnz.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp ? tid06360&posts=6&fid if anyone found others have similar situation and resolve it, I would like to hear about it. Thanks