2007 E350

Just purchased this car love it.

Just one thing it is not wired for a cell and doesn't have bluetooth bluetooth.

Does anyone if it is possible to connect a cell phone to the car's system or through bluetooth?

Reply to
RSJ

no, you need to connect a 3rd party bluetooth system. Isn't it amazing that MB hasn't caught up with KIA and Hyndai in their electronics, I guess they are still trying to sell their over priced obsolete motorola gear __________________________________________ Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Reply to
jdoe

Where does one get a 3rd party system that integrates with steering wheel controls, etc.?

--Dan

Reply to
Dan

As of 2007 Mercedes had the worst Bluetooth of any car bar none. I do not know if Mercedes figured it out for 2008. The cars are wonderful but Mercedes just has no clue about bluetooth.

2007 cars in Mercedes price class should should have benn prewired at the factory for bluetooth but most were not. In 2007 the car description would often say the car was bluetooth ready but that does not mean the wiring was actually in place. If the wiring is not in place in your car the dealer will probably want around $1500 to do it, probably will not get it right the first time, and you still have to buy a separate blue tooth unit to plug into the wiring for another $400-500. At that point you have Bluetooth, but it really does not work very smoothly with the majority of bluetooth phones. In fact Mercedes bluetooth stinks. It does not reliably pick-up on incoming calls nor do the car controls reliably control most phones. By contrast I have yet to see a bluetooth phone that does not work reliably with my two year old BMW regardless of phone brand or price. You will probably be happier with one of those bluetooth earphones and voice activation. It will be much cheaper.
Reply to
flambe

you don't, it's not available __________________________________________ Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Reply to
jdoe

In message news:decd37f5-b402-4b02-932f- snipped-for-privacy@i12g2000prf.googlegroups.com, RSJ sprach forth the following:

Wish they still offered ventilated seats on the 350 or the diesel. Wish they still offered Platinum Blue instead of your "choice" of boring neutrals.

Reply to
Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute

Kind of like how they offered cassette players but no CD as standard in many models well after 2000. I think there are engineers at MB who are arguing to still offer analog cell phones as optional equipment...

Reply to
-

No, but a lot of people with older models with analog TeleAid are mad that their systems won't work anymore.

Reply to
Lloyd

It's more likely that MB got stuck with a lot of hardware that they can't peddle __________________________________________ Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Reply to
jdoe

The is indeed amazing. MB sdo come with the option of using the car's speakers for the phone though integrated wiring or you can use bluetooth (which is proprietary technology and not limited to Motorola as stated below). I use a motorola phone and I have synced it to MB's bluetooth device successfully and have not had any issues with disconnection or call interuption. Your local Mercedes dealer will be able to assist you.

As a rule German cars unlike Kias (which are cheap and serve their target audience well) are very mechanical in nature and use very high level electronics. I would like to see a Kia get to into a pre accident mode by tightening up the seat belts, adjusting the seats, rolling up the windows and closing the sunrool should it determeine the car is about to crash.

Good luck

Reply to
methapan