Engine mounts: MB or Aftermarket

Wondering if there is either a downside or an advantage to non-MB engine mounts. My 300 CE needs a pair, and Boge (for example) are half the price of MB.

Comments appreciated.

RG

Reply to
Richard Gecko

In a nutshell,"You get what you pay for!" Even though I am a cheap @$# by nature,parts on my MB are spared no expense!Get the REAL OEM Mercedes Benz parts,you'll feel better about it.

Reply to
CaptainW116

I wouldn't necessarily assume the MBZ part is better. It well may be but you have to go on a case by case basis, especially if the vehicle is old. The aftermarket DOES solve some problems based on feedback that the OEM never gets around to or refuses to admit it was wrong.

Any time a car is over a certain age the improvements possible become obvious. If there are enough of the cars around someone will offer the improvement or you are on your own to do it, which is the fun of owning old cars. Any pump shop so motivated can build a 180-240D four cylinder injection pump with a centrifugal rather than vacuum governor, and putting a Delco alternator on older Benz diesels (and gas cars too) is just common sense.

Reply to
calcerise

Unfortunately Mercedes has proven this old maxim wrong...

Examine them carefully yourself and you will see if there is a major difference in quality or only in price...

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Reply to