Fan won't stop

The aux fan of my w124 230e 1992 is always on when the engine coolant T is about 15 celcius degrees or more. When I unplug the coolant temp sensor (blue one on top front of the engine),
the fan still keeps running, so I think it might be the relay located behind the fuse box.
But early in the morning, when the outside T is about 10 celcius, the fan doesn't engage.
Maybe the relay hangs up only with certain amount of T.
Or may be there is other device that Im not aware of.
Is there any way to test this relay?... Could anyone put me in the right direction to solve this?
Any help will be appreciated.
Marcelo Mansilla Santiago - Chile
Fan operation may be related to A/C as well as to the engine. There may be a temperature sensor on the A/C accumulator (also known as the receiver-dryer) that's near the condensor (in front of the radiator).
Thanks TG, I will check that one.