Fuel injectors o-rings

Yes, the dealer is right. That is the only thing that adapts the injectors. The injectors are the fixed wit a bracket for each two cylinders.

The seals must have the right softness (will harden with age) to ensure tight fit.

But do you really need to replace all injectors ? (well, you will of course then have a good feeling that all is OK)

They can be tested whether they open at a certain pressure difference, that the remain closed below that threshold and that they provide the right spray pattern above the threshold.

Reply to
Jens

I appreciate your answer Jens. Now I'm ready to undertake the injectors replacement. Do I really need it?. Well, I' don´t know for sure. I would have carried out the test you mention to know (wasn't aware of it). As you insinuate, mesurements are the only way to proper diagnosis. In addition, the car´s engine (with 90 kmiles), is in general fine, the warm start and idle problems are just marginals. However, at this point with the injector already bought, I have no choice but to change them all. They were relatively cheap, only US$100 for the parts, compared to ultrasonic cleaning for $75 (seal replacements included in this one). So, cost wasn't a concern. My main concern is, though: the job seems easy enough, but I'm unexperienced, and in such a case the saying "the enemy of good is better" becomes more meaningful (maybe this is the point that lies behind your question). I really like the car, so I hope to do a good job. That´s why I was asking about the seals/o-rings. Thank you.

MMansilla

"Jens" escribió en el mensaje news: snipped-for-privacy@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
MMansilla