Fuel Leak 1990 560 SEC

I have a small fuel leak at the fuel distributor near the Idle Control Unit. Question, other than the obvious fittings, what could the source of the leak be? Are there any seals or O-rings in this area that would need replacing ?

Reply to
GM

All metal lines have no seal... they are flare fitting. If tightening doesn't help, then you need a little bit of aircraft form a gasket on the fitting.

Reply to
Tiger

What are you calling the "Idle Control Unit"? Your idle control unit is under the false floor on the pass side where the passengers feet sit.

Are you referring to the black unit on the drivers side rear of the fuel distributor? If yes, that is the EHA [Electro-Hydraulic Accuator]. #71 here:

If it is leaking out the holes in the housing, you need to replace it NOW before it sets your car on fire. It has two o-rings between it and the fuel head, but they don't leak. The unit itself leaks.

It is part of your Llamba control. The o2 sensor signal causes a pressure difference between the upper and lower chambers of the fuel head and changes your mixture accordingly, at ALL speeds. Not just idle.

Go here

and put C2030-267532 in the search box.

Reply to
Karl

Thank you for your responses. Yes that is the unit that I was referring to. It is not leaking, what I have found is just a bit of seepage on the underside of one of the steel lines in that area. Just enough that if you wipe underneath with your finger you get a bit of dampness. Would you suggest tightening up all the fittings in the area to see if that cures the seepage?

GM