Fuel Tank Removal

Im thinking I have to remove the fuel tank on my 300E. Does anyone here know how many bolts or what type of hardware holds the tank up? -Chuck

Chuckyg wrote:

Get the Haynes manual. It has a section on tank removal, but I'm to lazy to copy it here. It's between the rear seat and the boot, I know that (but I whish I didn't).
Ximinez
That's the safest place to put a tank... ya know... if it was underneath where spare tires are now... any rear end collision would cause a rupture and possibly explosion dut to ignition from hot engine or spark.
Where Mercedes put it... a rear end collision will not damage the tank.. that's the safety crumple zone... If it is hit from side, it still take a lot of force to get past the wheel, wheelwell, and the strongest part of the frame that holds the roof up.
Tiger wrote:

OK, sounds good. It's just that I've been reading this book that's left me with the almost uncontrollable urge to add "(but I wish I didn't)" to each sentence that ends with "I now that". ;)
Ximinez