Hesitation on hard acelleration with SLK 320 ( R170 )

I've noticed that my SLK 320 has a slight hesitation at around 5000 rpm under hard accelleration.

It does not appear to happen in every gear, mainly third gear I think.

Ideas anyone?

Or could it be the ESP cutting in?

Reply to
Mark

Is your air filter likely to be clean?

Reply to
charles blassberg

Good point..

Last service I had was 3000 miles ago, which was the short service by Mercedes. Maybe they didn't do the air filter then!

I'll have a route around to see if I can find the filter.

Thanks,

Mark

Reply to
Mark