WEBER 40 IDF hesitation on acceleration

I have a 40 IDF. when every i press the gas pedal down fast, it hesiates. I have to feather the gas on acceleration, or ride the clutch to get the rpm's up before going...any ideas?

Thanks

Reply to
Woody

Jetting, accelerator pump, ignition curve...

Jan

Reply to
Jan

I gather you are running a single. The manifold is too big to have adequate vacuum at low RPMs. Bad idea.

Reply to
John Boy

Need more engine specs, but smaller venturies might help low end performance. That would then require rejetting of course, and restrict high rpm performance. If the engine doesn't make any power at high rpms, then this might be worth trying.

Jan

Reply to
Jan

You need to fatten the pump jet. You're not getting a richer fuel charge off idle. Idle the motor, blip the throttle, when you notice a black smokey discharge out of the exhaust, you'll be on the money.

Reply to
Steve M

i am not sure where to find the pump jet

Reply to
Woody

tuning a carb to run overly rich to cover up a problem is a terrible idea... a rich(smokey rich) mixture not only kills mileage, but hurts your efficiency/power and contaminates the oil very quickly...that can lead to other problems.. fix problems, not symptoms..

Reply to
Joey Tribiani