How does one test the heat exhanger sensor on the plastic heater motor cover???

Hello all, I have a 93 190E 2.3L and I was wondering, how does one test the heat exchanger sensor on the plastic heater motor cover??? This sensor
sends an input signal (resistance) to the climate control for heating and cooling. If I find that it's defective where and how much does one of these things cost. I looked online for the part and could not find it at Benzbin.com or bimmerparts.com
The part that you are looking for is called the Evaporator Temperature Sensor. I am a parts dealer and can sell it to you for about $30.
George Carstens 190E 3.0 Turbo