Independent MB Shop--Washington, DC Area?

Does anyone have a favorite...? I had a list some time back, but it got sucked into the ether after a hard drive failure... Anywhere within 50 miles of central DC would be acceptable, but they should be
familiar with the later ('83) 240D series... Thanks...
<! -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- > zenit

Springfield Motors, Backlick Rd. Springfield VA Bill Ditmire Ditmire Motorworks,Inc. 425 White Horse Pike Absecon,NJ 08201 http://www.ditmire.com 609-641-3392
On 31 Oct 2003 15:57:25 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Bill Ditmire) had to open a new box of zerones to say

Thanks, Bill... Since I just bought the damned car from you, I'll take your advice... :o)
I'm the guy who picked up the '83 240D from your place last Thursday... She's a good runner, but there's always those little bits and pieces that have to be attended to on a car of her age...
Thanks to Sharon, Joe, and you of course, for making the purchase process painless, and delivering exactly what was described on your web site... I've installed a new CD/AM/FM player and a near perfect set of OEM alloys, but I'd like to turn my attention to the mechanical now... I want to have the timing chain looked at, get the valves adjusted, the odometer repaired, and have the sunroof returned to operating condition... The A/C can wait until spring...
Other than that, she's a sweet, clean original machine which I hope will enjoy her retirement down in the Missouri Ozarks...
Again, thanks...

Great! We hope you enjoy your 240D!
I would consider 2 sources. One is RC Imports in Rockville. The other is TAG Motor Werks in Gaithersburg. The web sites are:
http://www.rc-imports.com / http://www.tagmotorwerks.com/home.html
I've had work done at RC and have been pleased. I visited TAG and they made a suggestion that saved me money, but cost them money.....integrity! Hope this helps