Maintenance Free Program Gone

I just leased a new 2005 S430 and was surprised that MB USA did away with the free scheduled maintenance program. When I got my 2000 E320 in October 1999, I think that was when they rolled out the program to justify the
increase in prices. What happened for the 2005 Model Year?
A sales rep at my dealer mentioned that the cost really was minimal and MB USA thought that the money was better spent in research and quality control.
Is my information correct? Thanks in advance.
Ricky Eugenio

October
control.
Yes the free maintenance is gone starting with the 05's. I got a (new '04) and its included. On the other hand the 4 matic is FREE on the '05 S class. But you have to ask for it. I.e., some still come in RWD version. The 04's also had a 6 K rebate to clear the way for the 05's which seem to have come in early this year. As a result I got a new 80 K S class for 70 K.
'99 SL500 '04 S 430 4 Matic
Thanks for the info. Why didn't my salesperson tell me about the 4matic option if it was free? I got a 2005 S430 (leased). Should I mention this in the survey that I'll be receiving?
Ricky

with
MB
class.
come

Its on the MB website. Here's the link: http://www.mbusa.com/brand/models/S430V.jsp .
If you are upset about this I would mention it in the survey. Dealers bend over backwards to get good reviews on these surveys because their vehicle allocation depends on it. They may even try to influence you with gifts etc.