Mercedes 1996 C250 Wing Mirror Glass Problem

Right hand side mirror glass replacement is my problem. The manual says to remove a "C" shaped clip after springing the mirror unit forwards against
the spring. There is no such "C" clip evident in our car. There must have been a model change and a new procedure to be followed in order to fit a new glass. Can anyone advise me what to do. Many thanks.
-- Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.auto.mercedes / More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html
Rangiawhia wrote:

I can't help you directly but you should be able to find your part from one of these:
http://www.autohausAZ.com http://www.buymbparts.com http://www.mr-auto-parts.com / http://www.alleuropeanautoparts.com /
Send them emails if you can't find what you need.
Good hunting :-)
The C clip is hard to understand until you see how it works. I am sure you have it on your car. There is actually a video of how to do this on YouTube. Behold:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
ZL72RBEjg&feature=related