mercedes m class

Has anyone changed a steering rack on a m class. I have been told mine is worn and needs replacing (97k miles) Mercedes want 1400 for a new rack (mine is LHD) so I thought of saving on labour and doing it myself .Any
info would be handy and any cheaper suppliers than mercedes. Thanks Tony
sreg320 wrote:

Try http://www.clairparts.com/aboutus.asp for a price.
DanlK, FYI Services Collectibles www.FYIS.org March Madness eBay Sale @ http://tinyurl.com/d24pt
good luck its not gonna happen you need a lift to lift the truck up in the air,and axles have to come out,but if you wanna do all the work at home its gonna cost you..GOOD LUCK!!!