Question to M-class owners

I am considering buying a 1998 ML320. Any information you can provide on the M Class would be appreciated: What are your general impressions of the M class? Does it handle well in snow? Overall are you pleased with its performance? The vehicle I am looking at has about 115,000miles on it. My 1990

300SEL has 185,000 and runs beautifully. Has anyone had any serious problems as the miles have added up? I know my questions are very general. I just want an idea of what you think of the m class. Thanks Mike Pillay
Reply to
Yumeshan Pillay

I have several, one bought new in '99, I'm very happy on and off road. Check with this Mercedes forum....

would hope you're paying under $15 grand though.-Brett

Reply to
the game, man.

Mike,

My parents drive one.. Just love the car..

I just came back from austria where the owner of the place has one. She told me that the ML is the best in handling the snow than any other car she had.. She did have snowtires for it. Which MB couldn't not give here, she had to buy them from a mitsubishi dealer (they used the tires for the Pajero)..

We have driven the car from seattle to LA thru death valley and from Seattle to NY.. no problems at all..

Is this what you are looking for?

greets,

Koen

Reply to
oNNoZeLe

UK reviews have suggested that the M-Class is the best all-rounder if you also need off-road performance. (BMW X5 if regular on-road oerfirmance is all).

But several posts in this group have warned about the early models.

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling

Reply to
Yumeshan Pillay

I would avoid a 98 model, they are a bit ropey. Build quality and reliability not too good.

Reply to
miknik