M-Class basic carrier

Does anyone know of an aftermarket rack that will fit the M-Class, or is the dealer "basic carrier" my only option? Thanks for any assistance!

Reply to
Thomas Burke

Both Thule (pronounced "Too-Lee") and Yakima racks will work on the ML, and plenty others too, but those are two names I looked at for my ML430. The application listings for each of those manufacturers lists virtually every car and sport utility vehicle made, so it'll be easy to avoid a dealer.

You'll need two components: The (4) base clamps that go onto the ML roof rails, and the (2) crossbars that fit across the roof into the base clamps. From there, you can add a rooftop cargo carrier, ski rack, bike rack, skiboard/wakeboard rack. Basic system would be about $200-$300 for the base clamps and crossbars.

Both systems are available at REI, but any place that has roof rack systems will have one that will fit an ML.

Reply to
rugbyguy