Needed: Bra for 2002 E-320

Anyone know where I can get a bra for a 2002 E-320? I called the dealer and he gave me a lecture about paint fade, etc. Hell, I know all that but I need one for a 600 mile trip in mid-June and don't want to have
the hood repainted IF I get a rock chip.
One supplier of the Colgan bra said it had to be custom made and would take 2-months! :-(
Thanks, James
Have you considered the clear 3M removable adhesives?

MTI wrote: > Have you considered the clear 3M removable adhesives? > > No, what can you tell me about it? Will it leave a residue? I just had the hood painted because of rock chips. Will it damage fresh paint?
James
Presuming that the paint job has "cured" properly (usually within a month of application) the 3M clear bra will not leave a residue and will not lift paint. Usually it is applied by detailers, but it can be done DIY. There are also clear overlays to protect headlight lenses.
MTI wrote:

Ah, interesting. That sounds exactly like what I'm looking for; it will be just about a month after the paint job when I'll need it. And I really don't care if it looks professional or not because it will only be on the car for about a week.
Thanks for the follow up reply.