Which brake pads for a 2002 E-320?

Can anyone suggest what brake pads to use? I guess I'm content with OE but wonder if there's a better commercial that wouldn't affect my warrantee. I know ceramic are better but probably would have to change the rotors. Meanwhile I'll wait for someone to respond before making a decision.

Thanks...

Reply to
James O'Riley

Changing brake pad will not void your warranty. Unless you have 100,000 miles on your rotor or you measured your rotor to the spec and it is under... then no need to change the rotor.

You are right that the ceramic is a better bet for most driver. I'd probably try to find the Bosch Ceramic to install... otherwise, my choice would be Raybestos QS or the ceramic version. These are pretty much dustless.

Reply to
Tiger

Thanks. I guess the point that now it's a pointless question for me. I just got back from the shop to find that I've only used 20% of the pads. The previous owner is listed as "Department of Motor Vehicles, San Diego, CA". Guess they must have had the pads change a bit before I bought the car. I'd decided to go the Raybestos QS route so you've confirmed that for next time. James

Reply to
James O'Riley