Normal oil pressure E280 1995

Hi All,
Could you assist with a quick query? I recently bought the above with 180.000 miles - super condition. The oil pressure gauge shows 1 (out of 3) at all times, excpt if stationery it drops to 1/2. I didn't
notice this on the test drive........ Is this normal?
Thanks Steve
Definitely NOT normal... The moment you step on the throttle, it should rise and peg at 3 whenever you are driving..