Oil Pressure Relief Valve Query

Hi All,

Was wondering if anyone can tell me how vital the oil pressure relief valve is ? Am asking as I want to fit an oil temperature gauge, as I will be hillclimbing the car, and Mini Spares do a transducer that fits in the hole where the relief valve normally fits, which would be a nice easy way to hook up the gauge.

Any thoughts, please ?

Myles

Reply to
Myles Sutherland

No valve normally means no pressure

If you keep the spring and valve in then you may have something!

Most transducers T off the oil banjo bolt, I think metro turbos had a banjo that did this to feed the turbo oilways.

Hope that helps

miniman

Reply to
miniman

Minispares or minispeed should do a T-piece fitting that screws into the oil pressure thread and allows you to connect up a pressure switch and thermo switch. If you're gong to hillclimb it then I'd recommend you fit a 22lb oil pressure switch, the std item works at only 7lb.

V quick google, I hope this link works!

Carefull putting these in mind, all oil pressure switches on A-series are tapered threads - if you overtighten them then you can crack the block!!

hth

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Oil temperature should be read when the oil flows over the sender. Oil pressure does not flow it comes to the end and creates pressure.

This ain't gunna work!

Reply to
Rob

Oil temp usually goes through the sump plug

Reply to
Rob