Oil Light?

Lately the oil light has been coming on intermittently in my 91 300CE. Oil levels are full. I got an oil change the other day and immediately afterward the light came on again. Pressure is normal, oil levels normal,
everything normal. The only issue I know of is an oil leak that has been there since I got the car a year ago. The leak is not new, but the oil light coming on all the time is. Any ideas?
replace sending unit
the case, minus a few cans!

If the pressure and volume are both good (ie it has the proper amount of oil and adequate pressure) then it has to be the sender or a short in the light itself.
Annoying, but at least not a major problem.
Marty
The sending unit may be defective.

More likely the wire to the sender. It work hardens then breaks strand by stand making only intermittent contact when all the strands have broken.
I fixed bith my temp and press gauge last year this way:
http://electric.articles.mbz.org/126connectors /

On 2005-03-13 16:22:02 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@vrx.news (Richard Sexton) said:

Very cool, but you have a typo where you say
"The only trouble I've ever had with one of these connectors wasn't really the connector it was the wite."

A typo? That's so unlike me. Fixed. (I fixed the other 7 typos too).