Oil to top up manual steering gearbox?

Hi Experts
I have a 1984 240D and want to top up the oil in the manual steering gearbox. The manual does not specify any brand of oil and the maintenance
manual says that the local MBZ rep will advise which brands are suitable. I called the local rep and asked about the brands and was told "we have a quart of it here for $15."
My guess is that something like SAE90 gear oil would be ok. Suggestions appreciated.
RF

I agree. Keep in mind as old as the car is that anything thinner may leak out anyway. Mike

maintenance
suitable. I

Thank you Mike.
I do have a leak of engine oil from the place where the injection pump is connected to the block. That should be quite a bit of work to fix - one more weekend job :-)
Thanks again
RF