Peugeot 205 diesel oil top up

Hi,

Something that has bugged me about my 205 diesel is that the dipstick is in the middle of the oil filler cap. Thus when filling up with oil it is very difficult to tell what level the oil is at without having to wait quite a long time between topups for the oil to settle. The oil fills the dipstick tube and then completely covers the dipstick on insertion. Does anyone have any tips that would make this easier?

Thanks Toby

Reply to
Toby Maxwell-Lyte

Its one litre between the top and bottom of the groove on the dipstick

steve the grease

Reply to
R L Driver

Thanks. That'll come in handy.