Disco 1 200TDI - Gearbox oil

Hi,

My 200TDi is due for a gearbox oil change. The unit has done 128Kmiles from new and still appears to work / feels lik new.

I have always change oil regularly and used castrol TQF but it is almost impossible to buy these days.

Can any one advise me of a modern equivalent. The Workshop Man says ATF meeting M2C33 spec which i believe is a ford spec.

I have no trust in the local Halfords advice as i have never found anyone seems to know anything about this.

I guess if i was pressed i could go to my local LR agent who would probably rip me off on cost.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks

Alan

Reply to
Alan Berry

A later service bulletin recommended MTF tho I have always used a Dexron ATF you will find the info in the WSM dowmload here

DerekW still Landy free

Reply to
DerekW

We use only Castrol VMX 75-85 in the workshop.

cheers, Craig

Reply to
Craig