Possible engine swap.

Hoping those in the know could spare a little input. I have to engine out of an '83 300DT. The car was nailed hard in the front by an SUV. Was just offered a '80 300SD with a dead engine. I was wondering:
--Will the '83 DT engine go into the '80 SD without too many problems? --Will the '80 SD engine accessories work on the different/newer '83 DT engine? --Is the engine swap procedure the trip to hell and back it seems like it could be? --Anything about this procedure I should know? I'm a very experienced back yard mechanic, but have just segued into the Mercedes diesel world the last couple years. The SD is pretty sweet. The CVs look newer and no body rust anywhere. Even the paint is serviceable. Thanks for your comments.

A friend of mine did this but it was not a straight swap. The tranny had issues.
It is the same engine.... just use all the SD accessories.
Just make sure that engine did not suffer any damage from the collision...