Problem with Alarm SLK 230 (99)

Since my last MB dealer visit I have a problem with my alarm system. The alarm goes on without any reason in my garage. Moreover, I observed that the right light of the tow-away button is constantly on no matter
whether the car is locked or not. It is on and pulsing if it is locked. What can I do?
The shop only opens Tuesday again because Monday is a holiday.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I experienced similar alarm symptoms in my '98 SLK 230. The printed circuit of the actuator burned out due to excessive moisture accumulated over a long period of time. Solution? replace the module which is quite expensive. I opened up the old module and found multiple printed circuit traces burnt and shorted. I suggested to the MB service advisor that the new module be wrapped in a sealed plastic bag to keep condensation away from the electric circuits. Everything is fine now.
Thank you. This is very useful.
Mercedes came out with a service bulletin about it, 80.00/25. I will email you a copy of it.

Karl wrote:

Karl, would you please e-mail me the service bulletin? Thanks,
Hernando
The service bulletin provides very useful information. Thank you.
Just to report back:
The PSE/ATA was completely under water. The water was leaking not as decribed in the serivce bulletin but through some problematic rubber of the tail light.
Mercedes Benz of Sacramento replaced PSE, tail lamp, cable harne, etc. Altogether including labor and taxes it came to about USD 1600.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Holy Toledo! I believe you, but it sure sounds outrageous. Hope you won't have any further problems with the PSE/ATA in the next ten years.
Hernando