230 SLK - How to Open Hood

(I should be slapped for this question :)

It's been a long time since I've popped open my own hood on my Mercedes 230 SLK. Different from other MB's I've had.

Can anyone tell me how? Thanks!

Reply to
Neil

In message , Neil writes

Under the steering column, is a plastic lever to pull on. This will pop the hood. Then under the hood lip is a catch to pull/push on.

Owen

Reply to
Owen Jones

First, pull out the hood-release under the dashboard, to the left of the steering wheel.

Next, get out of the car and go to the front, lift the hood. (To be honest, I can't remember whether you have to manually disengage the catch at the center, and my car is in the garage right now.)

I hope that you don't find any surprises under there. Good luck!

Reply to
John Cisarik

Thanks for the replies!

Still groping for that hood-release (left of steering wheel).

I guess my head is hard-wired with my old 1980 300 series (black hook alongside left driverside wall - under dash).

Thanks again for the help guys.

Reply to
Neil