Puzzling Brake problem

Hi all, I've had my '93 190e for a number of years now and have always had brakes that need to be applied 'hard' (they feel soft when pushing the peddal)
to get effective braking. Puzzling is that I've had the dealer replace the brake fluid and pads. There is not 'shimmying' when applying brakes, they feel 'normal' .... except, they don't 'grab' as well as they should if I compare to my 300e, It's kind of like using 'power brakes' without the engine running except not as bad. Anyone have any pointers?
cheers, guenter
master cylinder???

thanks for your reply, I thought of that but wouldn't a leaky master cylinder mean that when applying the brake the peddle would slowly sink to the floor?? at least that's what I've experienced in the past. In this case the peddle travel seems just fine....
cheers

On 2005-09-27 19:04:00 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@sciborg.uwaterloo.ca (Guenter Scholz) said:

booster (assuming there is one) isn't getting proper vacuum, or it's not working properly...
Marty

cheers, guenter