puzzling radio problem

I have a puzzling problem on the radio in my 206. All of a sudden I have rubbish reception on AM. The FM stations are all completely unaffected. Anybody know what could cause this? Is it a fault within the radio?

Cheers folks

Bob

Reply to
bob watkinson

Johny H

Thanks Johny, would that not affect the FM reception too? That seems fine.

Reply to
bob watkinson

Reply to
Johny H

you will probably find there is a small amplifier at the base of the aerial that is needing replaced

Reply to
JOHN K

JOHN K in news:cr6t3g$554$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk, typed something a little like this (allegedly):

Try just replacing the removable part of the aerial. Did this on mine when reception was bad on FM stations and this cured it. BTW do you have a rear spoiler on your car that bends the aerial vertical when you open the boot, as this is what I put mine down to causing the breakdown of whatever transfers the signal down the aerial

Reply to
Terrytubby

No, no spoiler. in any case the aerial is directly over the rear view mirror not at the back.

Reply to
bob watkinson