Radio Anti-Theft Code Problem

No this is not another message asking the group where i can get a number to unlock my stereo. I have the number to the stereo, it's a 5 digit #, but when i enter it in nothing happens. I took it to the dealer and they say it's because there was a tape in the tape deck when the power got disconnected (battery blew up). They so far have no way to help me, but i just want to make sure that I am not getting the run around from my local dealer and that I am not overlooking anything obvious. Any help would be awesome.

walt(er)

Reply to
walter biggart

If you entered the Radio Code more than three times, it locks out further attempts. You need to contact MBUSA to get the radio re-coded.

Remember to press the "*" key after entering the code (it changed on later models, call an MB service desk to ask the sequence). If it still flashes "CODE," you need to contact MBUSA. The radio may have been replaced and is no longer associated with the VIN of the car, or it may be locked out from too many attemps. If it's not working, and not asking for a "CODE" on the display, there's something else wrong with the unit.

Reply to
rugbyguy