Anti-Theft Radio Code Procedure

I recently bought a late-'90s Mitsubishi W190 AM/FM/CD radio on eBay. The seller said it would work in all Mitsus. Even though the face plate said "ANTI-THEFT" on the upper right when I first saw it, I was unaware that the radio would need a 4-digit password code installed until I put it in my '94 Mighty Max, turned it on and the display said, "CODE." I punched in some numbers until the display said, "OFF."

I understand the display will reset to "CODE" in 24 hours. And I'm pursuing the seller as well as other venues to get the code for the radio, SN

07154096E. Other numbers on the top label: MR472956, 34W0190, DY2UO5CWD.

Now my question: If I get the correct code, what is the procedure for entering it? I don't know the vehicle it was installed in, and I don't have an owner's manual that describes the procedure. I figured out how to enter

0-9 on the buttons at the bottom, but that's all.

Will/can someone help me out? Thanks in advance, Jim

Reply to
Jim Scott

Take the serial number into the dealer and ask them to look up the code. Do not talk to the service tech. Go to the parts guy. The service tech will try to charge you and the parts guy will just get on the computer.

As for the OFF, you have to reset the radio. Three strikes and you're out. Email me privately and I will tell you how. Not going to make it public.

Reply to
Robert Honea

we have the code, we entered it three times with bad results. It now have the "OFF"

How do we reset please!!

Don't know why the code didn't work, but would like to try again.

Reply to
jolhol2

You have to turn the ignition on (not started) and wait for approx. 2-4 hrs. then the radio will reset to CODE. Now you have (3) more attempts at unlocking it. If you get the OFF message again you will have to repeat this procedure.

Reply to
DrgnHart Eclipse