Re: 1999 E320 -- engine too hot?

Hi Folks - I could really use your help!! I am experiencing the same problem with my 97 E420. The engine is running very hot and I think that it is causing the Air Conditioning to malfunction. It is a similiar problem (I believe) to what Laforzaprop has been experiencing! The air blows cold at first - then when the car heats up - the air blows warmer and the system seems to shut down? You can hear almost a hissing sound in the system and it blows warmer more humid air.

I don't think that my auxilary cooling fan is operating properly either?? Is there a relay or fuse for this fan that anyone knows of?

ANY help that you guys could give me on this is REALLY appreciated! I have another appointment on Tuesday to try and diagnose this problem and it is stumping my mechanic! Thanks again folks!!

-KJ-

Reply to
-krj-

how does it do at highway speeds? start cold & stay cold or does it do the same thing?

also are you doing this on a cold motor or a warm motor? the reason i ask is if your doing this on a cold motor and the air warms up you may very well have a heater control valve letting the warming coolant by and warming the AC air. its a long shot.

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
IF YOU CAN'T SWIM DON'T JUMP I