450SLC throttle control switch info

Hi there, just bought a 450slc and am sorry to say Im no mechanic however, it runs a bit jerky and does not idle well. I have established this is due to a worn throttle control switch. These apparently come in 2 flavours, one with 4 electrical contacts and one with 5. Before I take it off for someone to look at is there an easy way to tell which one my car would use. Its a 1975 model made in Germany (RHD) and exported to the UK. I can supply engine number if its usefull. Any help would be great, the car is going through fuel at an alarming rate...although the car does look very cool :) Thanks

-tom

Reply to
Lurker

Hi again, no worries, I just removed the air filter housing and found the details there. 5 Wires going into the switch...now to find a replacement :)

-tom

Reply to
Lurker