Re: Tell me if I runined the look of the CLK

I will be very very honest with you. I don't trust a Mercedes around a corner at high speeds at all. I have this and a 350Z... yes orange and apples but boy I wanted more
stickiness on the roads. The handling now is 7 times better. I can actually tell.... and Hear freaky enough... these are 18X9 and 18x10. I asked what people think because I am getting a (tacky effect) price degrade effect from people. I see people stare and point. but they are not Mercedes users. But I at first thought it gave the car so much elegance.

these are 18X9 and 18x10. I asked what
I actually think they aren't that bad then. From the pic, I thought they were 20 or something, and that would hurt handling, but 18 is good. I wonder why you would get a price degrade. Someone could buy the car, sell these wheels, but new Benz wheels, and have cash left. Richard
I guess a CLK with standard suspension might feel a bit loose at top speed, but it's just a subjective sensation. CLK's peculiar front seats don't make things better, so instead of those huge chromed alloys which look a bit too flashy on a black car (on a silver metallic maybe...), I'd put back the stock wheels on and then have the AMG suspension package, including thicker anti-roll bars mounted. That way it will handle ten times better, while preserving a comfy ride and nice looks (lowered).
John
wrote in message news:GOFTa.54840

H&R's are great, had those on my very first car (VW Golf GTI 16V) combined with Bilstein Sport shocks and Eibach AR bars. Fun go-kart handling.

sure
yeah I had a set up like that on the VW. but my springs was Eboch and the yellow gas Bilsteins... back in da day... oh yeah newspeed bars.

this
and
To me, that actually looks pretty good. Consider that I am a person that doesn't like chrome wheels and thinks 17inch is the limit (I like the low-key look), and that should mean many wwould find this car to look great. Where are you trying to sell it that you are getting a price degrade? Maybe you are in the wrong area for this kind of car? Richard

Thanks man. Wasn't sure if I went over board.

Well, to begin with, the CLKs were not designed to be a great handlers...then again most MBs aren't (AMG excluded).
You might want to go here (if you aren't already):
www.bnzsport.com
Most of the guys that upgrade their wheels upgrade the suspension.
Because they want better handling cars as well, but you give up the MBs classic ride comfort.